Connecticut College Science Center

DPM completed the renovation and expansion of New London Hall – Connecticut College’s historic first academic building.  Built in 1915, New London Hall houses the Life Sciences departments including Biology, Botany, Environmental Science, and Computer Science.

Augmenting Connecticut College’s Facilities Management Department, DPM worked with KBE Construction and Payette Architects to provide complete project oversight, focusing on schedule and budget management. The project involved the renovation of the 25,500-square-foot New London Hall and attached 3,200-square-foot greenhouse, as well as the construction of a 13,600-square-foot addition to the building.  The building features 21 offices, five classrooms, seven teaching labs, and six research labs.

Construction is now complete and best practices of sustainability were implemented with the college anticipating LEED NC Gold Certification from the USGBC.

Recipient of the Connecticut Building Congress 2013 Project Team Award, Major Renovations.